Thursday, March 12, 2015

Let's Take a Walk

The beauty is in the walking -- we are betrayed by destinations.
~Gwyn Thomas


Walking is one of my favorite things to do, especially in nice weather. It's been a little rough taking our puppy out this winter, and there's still ice on our regular walking paths, but I can see gentler weather coming.

Here's one more quote about today's topic: “[Walking] is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside.”
~Elizabeth von Arnim

Light and surf
Kenny Louie

Walking on the Edge
by Hamed Saber

Walking it alone
by Lance Shields

The morning walk
by Walter Duncan

Man walking on a bridge
by Pedro Ribeiro Simões

Man walking to the sky
by Jonathan Borofsky
photo by Maseltov

Dame mit Sonnenschirm
by Adolf Liebscher

Walking on the Cotswold Hills
by David McDermott


2 comments:

HWY said...


I enjoy walking, too, and I find these works almost as soothing as the real thing. :-)

(Note: When I saw the people walking on the sand dunes, for a second something seemed wrong. Then I realized that they had coats on and I had immediately assumed warm/hot desert temperatures. Had to do a mental 180 on that!)

Anonymous said...

Received this post just as I came in from -- A WALK!
Nice ;-)