Thursday, July 17, 2014

Books About Town

A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
~George R.R. Martin


This Art Thursday we have some shots of Books About Town literary benches in London taken by Martin Pettitt. There are fifty benches, all decorated by different artists. You might want to check out this list. I also love the ones for Samuel Pepys' Diary, The Canterbury Tales, The Time Machine, War Horse, oh, I don't know when to stop...

A Brief History Of Time
photo by Martin Pettitt

Dr Seuss
photo by Martin Pettitt

Mary Poppins
photo by Martin Pettitt

Around The World In Eighty Days (back)
photo by Martin Pettitt

How To Train Your Dragon
photo by Martin Pettitt

Wisden Cricketers' Almanack
photo by Martin Pettitt

Alex Rider: Stormbreaker
photo by Martin Pettitt

Wind In The Willows (back)
photo by Martin Pettitt

That's Not My Meerkat (back)
photo by Martin Pettitt


4 comments:

Linda B said...

I'm not sure I would know where to stop, either! I think London's got it right. My favorite of your shares, though, is The Wind In The Willows-love those little characters! Thanks Tabatha.

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Ooh, I want one for my back yard-- it's a toss up between the dragon and Mary Poppins. Perhaps I can get two-- one for the front and one for the back!

Pop said...


These are so cool! Love the fact that the artists did the back of the benches, too. Plus, I'm glad there are explanations beside them.

My favorites: Dr. Seuss and the Meerkat. (Though all the others tied for second. ;-)

Keri said...

What a brilliant idea for promoting books. Much better than say, catfish, which I've seen in the MS Delta.