Monday, November 22, 2010

Enter Stage Left


I already have Kristin Cashore's blog in my list of Links I Like, but I want to point you to her latest entry. Ever thought about writing a play? Well, I'm not sure this post will help you, but it is entertaining. Kristin wrote about J.M. Barrie (of Peter Pan fame)'s stage directions.

* If you would actually like help with learning how to write a play, visit Jon Dorf's Playwriting 101.
* This Stage Writing site also looks good.
* A Theater Dictionary for Kids (or anybody who needs one)
* An article about the usefulness of stage directions
* As I mentioned before, there's a write-a-script-in-April group, similar to NaNoWriMo.
* Children's Creative Theater (history, terms, games, resources)
* The BBC's How to Write a Radio Play

Poster art by Brian Coldrick


1 comment:

M Pax said...

It certainly is a different form of expression, isn't it?

I'm not sure people would enjoy my theater - I come up with goofy things like - Naked Men on a Train / Attack of the Seaweed Trees.